19 martie 2017

Movie of the Day: Interstellar (2014)

Beyond Time and Space. Beyond Beautiful.
2h 49min | Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi | USA 26 October 2014 (Hollywood, California) (premiere)

Director: Christopher Nolan
Writers: Jonathan Nolan, Christopher Nolan
Stars: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain

Memorable Quotes


Cooper: We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars. Now we just look down, and worry about our place in the dirt.

Cooper: We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.

CASE: Endurance rotation is 67, 68 RPM. 
Cooper: CASE, get ready to match our spin with the retro thrusters. 
CASE: It's not possible. 
Cooper: No. It's necessary.

Cooper: Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here.

Cooper: Hey TARS, what's your honesty parameter? 
TARS: 90 percent. 
Cooper: 90 percent? 
TARS: Absolute honesty isn't always the most diplomatic nor the safest form of communication with emotional beings. 
Cooper: Okay, 90 percent it is.

Cooper: This world's a treasure, Don; but it's been telling us to leave for a while now.

Murph: [through video monitor] Hey Dad. Never made one of these while you were still responding because I was so mad at you for leaving. And when you went quiet, it seemed like I should live with that decision, and I have. But today's my birthday. And it's a special one, because you told me... you once told me that by the time you came back we might be the same age. And today I'm the same age you were when you left. 
[crying] 
Murph: So it'd be a real good time for you to come back.

Cooper: You're a scientist, Brand. 
Brand: So listen to me when I say that love isn't something that we invented. It's... observable, powerful. It has to mean something. 
Cooper: Love has meaning, yes. Social utility, social bonding, child rearing... 
Brand: We love people who have died. Where's the social utility in that? 
Cooper: None. 
Brand: Maybe it means something more - something we can't yet understand. Maybe it's some evidence, some artifact of a higher dimension that we can't consciously perceive. I'm drawn across the universe to someone I haven't seen in a decade, who I know is probably dead. Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand it. All right Cooper. Yes. The tiniest possibility of seeing Wolf again excites me. That doesn't mean I'm wrong. 
Cooper: Honestly, Amelia... it might.

Dr. Brand: Do not go gentle into that good night; Old age should burn and rave at close of day. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

[They land on Miller's Planet, which has severe gravitational time dilation] 
Brand: [sardonically] Very graceful. 
Cooper: No. But very efficient. 
[He looks at Doyle, who has been alarmed by the landing, and then at Brand] 
Cooper: What are you waiting for? Let's go. Go, go, go, go go! Seven years per hour here. Let's make it count.

[comforting his daughter] 
Cooper: I love you, forever. You hear me? I love you forever. And I'm coming back. I'm coming back.

Dr. Brand: Not sure of what I'm more afraid of: them never coming back, or coming back to find we've failed. 
Murph: Then let's succeed.

Doyle: You can't just think about your family. You have to think bigger than that. 
Cooper: I'm thinking about my family and millions of other families.

Cooper: [to young Murph] Tell him Murph. Make him stay. Make... Make him stay Murph. Make him stay Murph! Don't let me leave, Murph! Don't, don't let me leave Murph! NO, NO, NO, NO! 
Murph: It was you. You were my ghost. 
TARS: Cooper... Cooper... Come in, Cooper. 
Cooper: TARS? 
TARS: Roger that. Cooper: You survived! 
TARS: Somewhere, in their fifth dimension, they... saved us. 
Cooper: Who the hell is they? Why would they want to help us, huh? 
TARS: I don't know, but they constructed this three-dimensional space inside of their five-dimensional reality to allow you to understand it.

Cooper: We're still pioneers, we barely begun. Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, cause our destiny lies above us.

Cooper: Well, this little maneuver's gonna cost us 51 years! 
Brand: You don't sound so bad for a man pushing 120!

[Cooper returns to see Murph as an old woman] 
Cooper: It was me, Murph... I was your ghost. 
Murph: I know. They didn't believe me, they thought I was doing it all myself. But... 
[points to the watch] 
Murph: I knew who it was.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu