30 aprilie 2017

Movie of the Day: Some Like It Hot (1959)

2h | Comedy, Romance | 14 April 1959 (Japan)

Director:  Billy Wilder
Writers: Billy Wilder (screenplay), I.A.L. Diamond (screenplay)
Stars: Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon

Memorable Quotes


Jerry: Have I got things to tell you! 
Joe: What happened? 
Jerry: I'm engaged. 
Joe: Congratulations. Who's the lucky girl? 
Jerry: I am!

[at the booking office, trying to be hired] 
Joe: What kind of a band is this, anyway? 
Sig Poliakoff: You gotta be under twenty-five. 
Jerry: We could pass for that. 
Sig Poliakoff: You gotta be blonde. 
Jerry: We could dye our hair. 
Sig Poliakoff: And you gotta be girls. 
Jerry: We could... 
Joe: No, we couldn't!

Jerry: Now you've done it! Now you have done it! 
Joe: Done what? 
Jerry: You tore off one of my chests!

Joe: There's another problem. 
Jerry: Like what? 
Joe: Like, what are you gonna do on your honeymoon? 
Jerry: We've been discussing that. He wants to go to the Riviera but I kinda lean towards Niagara Falls.

Junior: Syncopators. Does that mean you play that very fast music... jazz? 
Sugar: Yeah. Real Hot. 
Junior: I guess some like it hot. I personally prefer classical music.

Junior: [Kissing] I think you're on the right track. 
Sugar: I must be. Your glasses are beginning to steam up.

Osgood: [referring to his mother] Right now, she thinks I'm out there on my yacht - deep sea fishing! 
Daphne: Well, pull in your reel, Mr. Fielding, you're barking up the wrong fish!

Sugar: Been waiting long? 
Junior: [gallantly] It's not how long you wait, it's who you're waiting for!

Junior: Look, if all you're interested in is whether I am married or not... 
Sugar: Oh, I'm not interested at all. 
Junior: Well, I'm not. 
Sugar: That's very interesting!

Sugar: If my mother could only see me now. 
Joe: I hope *my* mother never finds out.

Sugar: Story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop.

Osgood: I am Osgood Fielding the third. 
Daphne: I'm Cinderella the second.

[last lines] 
Jerry: Oh no you don't! Osgood, I'm gonna level with you. We can't get married at all. 
Osgood: Why not? 
Jerry: Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde. 
Osgood: Doesn't matter. 
Jerry: I smoke! I smoke all the time! 
Osgood: I don't care. 
Jerry: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player. 
Osgood: I forgive you. 
Jerry: [tragically] I can never have children! 
Osgood: We can adopt some. 
Jerry: But you don't understand, Osgood! Ohh... 
[Jerry finally gives up and pulls off his wig] 
Jerry: [normal voice] I'm a man! 
Osgood: [shrugs] Well, nobody's perfect!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu